This is a simple WordPress contact form with Google reCAPTCHA option for your WordPress site. There is very minimal set-up required. A standard set of input boxes are provided, these include Email Address, Name, Message and a nice big ‘Send Message’ button. When your user has completed the form an email will be sent to you containing your user’s message. To reply simply click the ‘reply’ button on your email client. The email address used is the one you have set up in WordPress under ‘Settings’ -> ‘General’, so do check this is correct.
To help prevent spam, this plugin allows you to add a ‘reCAPTCHA’. This adds a picture of a couple of words to the bottom of the form. Your user must correctly type the words before the form can be submitted, and in so doing, prove that they are human.
Granted there are many plugins of this type in existence already. Why use this one in-particular? Here’s why:
- Minimal setup. Simply activate the plugin and place the shortcode
on any post or page.
- Safe. All input entered by your user is stripped back to minimise as far as possible the likelihood of any malicious user attempting to inject a script into your website. You can turn on reCAPTCHA to avoid your form being abused by bots.
- Ajax enabled. You have the option to turn on ajax (client-side) validation which gives your users immediate guidance when completing the form without having to wait for the page to refresh.
- The form can integrate seamlessly into your website. Turn off the plugin’s default css style sheet so that your theme’s style sheet can be used instead.
- If your theme is based on twitter bootstrap then this plugin will fit right in because it already has all the right div’s and CSS classes for bootstrap.
- This plugin will only link in its jQuery file where it’s needed, it will not impose itself on every page of your whole site!
- This plugin is fully supported and updated to work with the latest version of WordPress.
- Written by an experienced PHP programmer (me!) and rigorously tested as standard practice.
Hopefully this plugin will fulfil all your needs, if not get in-touch and I will customise to your exact requirements.
There are two ways to install:
- Click the ‘Install Now’ link from the plugin library listing to automatically download and install.
- Download the plugin. To install the downloaded zip file simply double click to extract it and place the ‘clean-and-simple-contact-form-by-meg-nicholas‘ folder in your wordpress plugins folder, i.e. [wordpress]/wp-content/plugins (where [wordpress] is the directory that you installed WordPress in). Then visit the plugin page on your wordpress site and click ‘Activate’ against the ‘Clean and Simple Contact Form’ plugin listing.
Unless you want to change messages or add reCAPTCHA to your contact form then this plugin will work without any additional setup.
Important: Check that you have an email address set-up in your WordPress ‘Settings’->’General’ page. This is the address that the plugin will initially use to send the contents of the contact form. You can change this address in the settings page for the plugin.
*** Do you have Jetpack plugin installed? If so it’s very important that you disable Jetpack’s contact form otherwise the wrong form will be displayed. (more info) ***
To add the contact form to your WordPress website simply place the shortcode
on the post or page that you wish the form to appear on.
This plugin will work out of the box without any additional setup. You have the option to change the default messages that are displayed to your user and to add reCAPTCHA capabilities.
Go to the settings screen for the Clean and Simple Contact Form plugin.
You will find a link to the setting screen against the entry of this plugin on the ‘Installed Plugins’ page.
Here is a list of things that you can change:
- Use reCAPTCHA: Tick this option if you wish your form to have a reCAPTCHA box. ReCAPTCHA helps to avoid spam bots using your form by checking that the form filler is actually a real person. To use reCAPTCHA you will need to get a some special keys from google. Once you have your keys enter them into the Public key and Private key boxes
- reCAPTCHA Public Key: Enter the public key that you obtained from here.
- reCAPTCHA Private Key: Enter the private key that you obtained from here.
- reCAPTCHA Theme: Here you can change the reCAPTCHA box theme so that it fits with the style of your website.
- Message: The message displayed to the user at the top of the contact form.
- Message Sent Heading: The message heading or title displayed to the user after the message has been sent.
- Message Sent Content: The message content or body displayed to the user after the message has been sent.
- Use this plugin’s default stylesheet: The plugin comes with a default style sheet to make the form look nice for your user. Untick this if you want to use your theme’s stylesheet instead. The default stylesheet will simply not be linked in.
- Use client side validation (Ajax): When ticked the contact form will be validated on the client giving your user instant feedback if they have filled the form in incorrectly. If you wish the form to be validated only on the server then untick this option.
- Recipient Email: The email address where you would like all messages to be sent. This will default to the email address you have specified under ‘E-Mail Address’ in your WordPress General Settings. If you want your mail sent to a different address then enter it here.
- Email Subject: This is the email subject that will appear on all messages. If you would like to set it to something different then enter it here.
- !NEW! ‘From’ Email Address: If your email provider won’t allow you to send emails from any address then you need this! Enter an allowed email address. This is usually an address within your domain. You won’t be able to directly reply to the email, just use the one given in the message.
If this plugin does not quite fulfil your needs please do ask me to customise it for you. There will be a charge, and I do reserve the right to include the requested customisation in later releases of this plugin. Please contact me for a quote.
Join my newsletter